Congratulations on your engagement! We are glad you are considering making St. Theresa Church a part of such an important moment in your lives. In order to receive more information about weddings and marriage preparation at St. Theresa Church or to schedule your own wedding, please contact the church office at 713-869-3783 ext. 310 to speak with Patrick Miral or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that because we have limited resources, we are not able to accommodate every couple who wishes to be married here. We, therefore, must limit weddings to those who are part of our parish and school community and to those who live within our parish boundaries.
Preparation at St. Theresa will take a minimum of seven months; therefore, we ask that you contact our office at least seven to twelve months before your proposed wedding date. If marrying outside the USA we need twelve months. Marriage preparation includes: Marriage Orientation, Prepare and Enrich premarital inventory, Engaged Encounter retreat, Natural Family Planning, and scheduled meetings with a member of our clergy, as well as planning the details of your ceremony, such as music and reading selections.
We look forward to helping you prepare for your new life together.
Patrick Miral, Pastoral Associate
1. Initial contact with Patrick Miral to see marriage preparation, church and clergy availability. (email@example.com or 713-869-3783,ext.310)
2. After initial conversation with Patrick Miral and having received approval, sign up for Marriage Prep here. There is a $250 fee. This fee includes: processing fees; the Prepare/Enrich questionnaire and meeting with a priest or deacon four times or more. This fee does not cover the Engaged Couples Weekend or Natural Family Planning classes. These fees should not be a deterrent for Marriage Preparation. If these are of concern please contact Patrick Miral prior to signing up.
3. Booking the Church: St. Theresa’s Church will be undergoing renovations in the near future. We are partnering with other churches for weddings during this time. If you are hoping to have one of our clergy members officiate at your wedding at another church please contact Patrick Miral prior to making any church reservations. For those who are getting married at St. Theresa’s and have already reserved a date with Patrick Miral go here to pay the $350 church usage fee. The Church Wedding Coordinator for the rehearsal and the day of your wedding is paid separately and directly ($150). Musicians are paid separately and directly ($250 each).
4. Attend a Marriage Orientation session. This session usually takes place on the first Sunday of every month at 11:15am. in the Church Office. Sign up with Patrick Miral.
6. Obtain Baptismal records. A certified copy of your Baptismal Certificate with notations (or a Profession of Faith Certificate) issued within six months of your wedding from the Church of your baptism (or where you became a Catholic). For a baptized Christian who is not Catholic, we need a Proof of baptism (certificate of baptism or letter from minister or witness). Please send forms to Patrick Miral or give them to the priest or deacon whom you are meeting with.
11. Attend an Engaged Couples Workshop at St. Theresa’s if available ($100) and register here after checking with Patrick Miral for availability; or go to the Family Life Ministry website for the following and register online: Engaged Encounter (for engaged couples - $225); New Life (for remarrying couples - $75); or Convalidation (for couples who have been married civilly for two years or more - $75). Please send completion certificate to Patrick Miral or give them to the priest or deacon whom you are meeting with.
12. Choosing your wedding readings: See HELPFUL EXTERNAL LINKS on this web page for a list in choosing the readings. Once you have chosen your readings please let Patrick Miral know, if you are being married by a priest or deacon from St Theresa's. If you are being married elsewhere please let them know.
13. Arrange to Meet with David San Miguel about the music at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-869-3783 ext 311. This meeting should occur no later than 2 month from your wedding date. ($250 fee for Pianist and Cantor respectfully).
14. A valid civil Marriage License can be obtained at any County Clerk’s Office in Texas and be used anywhere in Texas. Texas law states a marriage license will expire 90 days from the date it is issued, and it must be secured at least 72 hours prior to the wedding.
15. If you wish, it is appropriate to make an offering (honorarium) to the priest or deacon presiding over your marriage.